Another week with no need to turn on your ovens… Next up on the schedule is cinnamon mochas! Posting date is December 3.
Serves: 2 (8-ounce) servings
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 2 long shots freshly brewed espresso
- 2 cups whole milk
- Simple Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream (page 103), optional
- In a small heatproof bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, and cinnamon. Slowly add the hot espresso and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat. Add the espresso mixture and whisk until combined. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the mocha evenly between two mugs and top with whipped cream, if desired, and a dash of cinnamon. Serve immediately with a small spoon.