Our next recipe is Vanilla Bean Affogato – super simple, just hot coffee and cold ice cream. Make your own ice cream or purchase, this is sure to be high reward for little effort. Posting date is September 23!
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ cup freshly brewed hot espresso
- Divide the ice cream among 4 wide-mouth tumblers or serving bowls. Put the tumblers in the freezer while you prep your espresso.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and, using the tip of the knife or a small teaspoon, scrape the seeds of the vanilla bean into the hot espresso. Stir gently.
- Slowly pour the espresso mixture over the ice cream in the tumblers. Serve immediately, with small spoons.