We’re sticking with muffins for another week — but this time with bananas, espresso, and chocolate. Posting date is July 14!
Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1½ cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, sugars, butter, milk, and egg.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup about three-quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack, and let cool for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and let them finish cooling on the cooling rack.
- Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.