Time to get out your blenders, bakers — Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes Shakes (or whatever cake/cupcake + ice cream combination strikes your fancy) are next up on the schedule. Posting date is June 4!
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) very cold whole milk, plus more as needed
- 3 cups (1 1⁄2 pints/710 ml) salty caramel ice cream (see Baked Note)
- 2 frosted chocolate cupcakes (we suggest Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes, page 117)
- Whipped cream (see page 122)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Freeze two (4-ounce/120-ml) old-fashioned glasses for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the milk into the blender. Add the ice cream and cupcakes and blend until thick and creamy, about 10 seconds. A good milk shake should be eaten with a spoon, so if it seems too thin, add a little more ice cream and blend again. Likewise, if the milk shake seems too thick, add a few more tablespoons of cold milk and blend again.
- Divide the shake between the two chilled glasses, top each with whipped cream, and sprinkles if you like, and serve immediately.