Step away from your ovens, bakers, because we’re making boozy ice cream floats next. Stick with the recipe and use coffee-flavored liqueur, or mix it up. Posting date is May 6!
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (60 to 72% cacao), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 huge scoops (about 2 cups) premium vanilla ice cream
- 2 shots coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlúa)
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Put the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. In a small pot, bring the cream just to a boil. Immediately pour it over the chocolate. Let the mixture stand for 1 minute, then stir until smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of an old fashioned glass. Using the back of the spoon, spread the sauce evenly in the bottom and slightly up the sides of the glass.
- Divide the ice cream between the glasses and let stand for about 5 minutes to melt slightly. Pour one shot of Kahlúa over each serving and garnish with a dusting of nutmeg. Serve immediately, with big ol’ spoons.