Next up on the schedule: your ovens get a break again because we’re making malted milk chocolate sauce. Enjoy the sauce with the dessert of your choice, or make malted milkshakes! Posting date is December 15.
Malted Milk Chocolate Sauce
Serves: 2 cups
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate malt Ovaltine
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the cream, corn syrup, Ovaltine, brown sugar, salt, and 4 ounces of the chocolate to a boil over medium heat. Stir until smooth and the chocolate has melted. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and, stirring very slowly, cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla, and the remaining 2 ounces chocolate. Let the sauce cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- To store, cool the sauce completely and ref rigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in a microwave oven or over low heat on the stovetop.