Up next, a classic peanut butter cookie, but with chunks of milk chocolate baked in. Posting date is November 5!
Peanut Butter Cookies with Milk Chocolate Chunks
Author: Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces good milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Scrape down the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. The mixture will look light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat until just incorporated.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining our mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart. With the palm of your hand, very gently press each cookie down so it forms a very tall disk shape. Do not press too hard and do not press it flat.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with granulated sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, until the tops of the cookies just begin to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the individual cookies to the rack to cool completely (although they are also delicious warm).
How to store: The cookies can be stored, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.